When it comes to embedding video into email, we have to deal with a lot of questions. One of them is: does the technology to embed video into email really exist? Is it compatible with all email clients, with all devices, operating systems and web browsers? Is it compatible with the majority of ESPs (Email Service Providers)? Can the video play automatically in the body of the email when the user opens it? Is it easy to create or configure? To all of the above, the answer is: YES!!!
Viwomail has created a new technology that lets you embed a video into an email in a very simple way. Here’s a video that shows you different user experiences after creating a video email with Viwomail’s technology:
As you have seen in the video above, every user will have a very positive experience with Viwomail. This is a very important issue. Until now, if you only put an HTML5 tag with your video, there will be many clients and devices that don’t show the video or allow it to be played, thus giving the user a very negative experience.
There are even instances where a black error window will appear in the email, indicating that it’s not possible to play or view the video.
To avoid all of these problems, you should follow the next 5 steps on how to embed video into an email, and, most importantly, on how to ensure that it plays automatically:
- Create an account at www.viwomail.com and upload your video in the best format and resolution you have available. This step is totally FREE and very easy to do.
- Design your newsletter or HTML template as usual and follow the wizard in the Viwomail platform. The most difficult step you will have to perform is copying and pasting an image tag that we provide into your HTML template. This is just to indicate to Viwomail the video size in pixels and where in the HTML template you want to insert the video. This initiates two processes: First, it will create different versions of your video in the necessary formats and resolutions in order to make them compatible with every recipient’s technology (email client, device, etc…). Second, your HTML template will be enhanced with a piece of proprietary code that detects the technology of the recipients and delivers them the best option of your video. (See video above).
- Download your enhanced HTML template with all that is needed to display the video to all email recipients.
- Make sure your ESP (Email Service Provider) is 100% compatible with Viwomail’s technology. There are very few cases in which an ESP erases or modifies part of of our code, making it incompatible with Viwomail. In this case, please get in touch with our customer service department and we will provide you with an alternative. In the FAQs section of our website, you will find a list of all verified ESP’s at this point in time. If your ESP does not show up on the list, please contact us so that we can perform a test free of charge.
- Upload your enhanced HTML template into your ESP as you normally do with any other newsletter and send it to all recipients. That’s all you have to do! Easy, isn’t it? What you have sent is only the text file in HTML format. When this HTML arrives to different email clients, devices, etc, it detects their technology, goes into Viwomail’s servers and delivers them the best option so that all users can automatically watch the video in the body of the email. This way your system does not have to support the file size of each video.
If you have any doubts, you can view this VIDEO TUTORIAL with step by step instructions on how to embed video into an email with Viwomail:
So that’s it. We hope you enjoy Viwomail’s technology and begin to create impressive video email marketing campaigns. Remember that embedding video into an email can increase your CTR by up to 173% and your conversion rates by up to 50% per campaign. So what are you waiting for?